Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: RearView Monitor system limitations
Listed below are the system limitations for RearView Monitor. Failure to operate the vehicle in accordance with these system limitations could result in serious injury or death.
- The system cannot completely eliminate blind spots and may not show every object.
- Underneath the bumper and the corner areas of the bumper cannot be viewed on the RearView Monitor because of its monitoring range limitation. The system will not show small objects below the bumper, and may not show objects close to the bumper or on the ground.
- Objects viewed in the RearView Monitor differ from actual distance because a wide-angle lens is used.
- Objects in the RearView Monitor will appear visually opposite compared to when viewed in the rearview and outside mirrors.
- Use the displayed lines as a reference.
The lines are highly affected by the number of occupants, fuel level, vehicle position, road conditions and road grade.
- Make sure that the trunk is securely closed when backing up.
- Do not put anything on the rearview camera. The rearview camera is installed above the license plate.
- When washing the vehicle with high pressure water, be sure not to spray it around the camera. Otherwise, water may enter the camera unit causing water condensation on the lens, a malfunction, fire or an electric shock.
- Do not strike the camera. It is a precision instrument. Otherwise, it may malfunction or cause damage resulting in a fire or an electric shock.
The following are operating limitations and do not represent a system malfunction:
- When the temperature is extremely high or low, the screen may not clearly display objects.
- When strong light directly shines on the camera, objects may not be displayed clearly.
- Vertical lines may be seen in objects on the screen. This is due to strong reflected light from the bumper.
- The screen may flicker under fluorescent light.
- The colors of objects on the RearView Monitor may differ somewhat from the actual color of objects.
- Objects on the monitor may not be clear in a dark environment.
- If dirt, rain or snow accumulate on the camera, RearView Monitor may not display objects clearly. Clean the camera.
- Do not use wax on the camera lens. Wipe off any wax with a clean cloth dampened with a diluted mild cleaning agent, then wipe with a dry cloth.