Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: L terminal circuit (open)
The "L" terminal circuit controls the charge warning lamp. The charge warning lamp turns ON when the ignition switch is set to ON or START. When the generator is providing sufficient voltage with the engine running, the charge warning lamp turns OFF. If the charge warning lamp illuminates with the engine running, a malfunction is indicated.
1.CHECK "L" TERMINAL CONNECTION
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Check if "L" terminal is clean and tight.
2.CHECK "L" TERMINAL CIRCUIT (OPEN)
- Disconnect the generator connector.
- Apply ground to generator harness connector terminal.
- Check condition of the charge warning lamp with the ignition switch in the ON position.
3.CHECK HARNESS CONTINUITY (OPEN CIRCUIT)
- Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal.
- Disconnect the combination meter connector.
- Check continuity between generator harness connector and combination meter harness connector.
4.CHECK HARNESS CONTINUITY (OPEN CIRCUIT)
Check continuity between combination meter harness connector and fuse block (J/B).
5.CHECK POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT
- Connect the battery cable to the negative terminal.
- Check voltage between combination meter harness connector and ground.