Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Harness connector
HARNESS CONNECTOR (TAB-LOCKING TYPE)
- The tab-locking type connectors help prevent accidental looseness or disconnection.
- The tab-locking type connectors are disconnected by pushing or
lifting the locking tab(s). Refer to the figure
Refer to the next page for description of the slide-locking type connector.
CAUTION: Do not pull the harness or wires when disconnecting the connector.
HARNESS CONNECTOR (SLIDE-LOCKING TYPE)
- A new style slide-locking type connector is used on certain systems and components, especially those related to OBD.
- The slide-locking type connectors help prevent incomplete locking and accidental looseness or disconnection.
- The slide-locking type connectors are disconnected by pushing or pulling the slider. Refer to the figure below.
- Do not pull the harness or wires when disconnecting the connector.
- Be careful not to damage the connector support bracket when disconnecting the connector.
HARNESS CONNECTOR (LEVER LOCKING TYPE)
- Lever locking type harness connectors are used on certain control units and control modules such as ECM, ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit), etc.
- Lever locking type harness connectors are also used on super multiple junction (SMJ) connectors.
- Always confirm the lever is fully locked in place by moving the lever as far as it will go to ensure full connection.
- Always confirm the lever is fully released (loosened) before attempting to disconnect or connect these connectors to avoid damage to the connector housing or terminals.
- Control unit with single lever
- Control unit with dual lever
- SMJ connector
HARNESS CONNECTOR (DIRECT-CONNECT SRS COMPONENT TYPE)
- SRS direct-connect type harness connectors are used on certain SRS components such as air bag modules and seat belt pre-tensioners.
- Always pull up to release black locking tab prior to removing connector from SRS components.
- Always push down to lock black locking tab after installing connector to SRS components. When locked, the black locking tab is level with the connector housing.
- Do not pull the harness or wires when removing connectors from SRS components.