Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: The parking brake release warning continues sounding, or does not sound
- The parking brake warning buzzer sounds continuously during vehicle travel though the parking brake is released
- The parking brake warning buzzer does not sound at all even though driving the vehicle with the parking brake applied.
1. CHECK PARKING BRAKE WARNING LAMP
- Start the engine.
- Check the operation of the brake warning lamp by operating the parking brake.
2. CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH SIGNAL CIRCUIT
Perform inspection of the parking brake switch signal circuit. Refer to MWI-44, "Diagnosis Procedure".
3. CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH UNIT
Perform a unit inspection for the parking brake switch. Refer to MWI-44, "Component Inspection".