Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: The seat belt warning continues sounding, or does not sound
- Seat belt warning does not sound even though driver seat belt is not fastened.
- Seat belt warning sounds even though driver seat belt is fastened.
1. CHECK WARNING CHIME OPERATION
With the driver door open, turn lighting switch to 1st or 2nd position.
2. CHECK SEAT BELT WARNING LAMP
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Check the operation of the seat belt warning lamp in the combination meter.
3. CHECK SEAT BELT BUCKLE SWITCH LH CIRCUIT
Perform inspection of the seat belt buckle switch LH circuit. Refer to WCS-21, "Diagnosis Procedure".
4. CHECK SEAT BELT BUCKLE SWITCH LH
Perform a unit inspection for the seat belt buckle switch LH. Refer to WCS-22, "Component Inspection".