Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Diagnosis system (bluetooth control unit)
The Bluetooth control unit has two diagnostic checks. The first diagnostic check is performed automatically every ignition cycle during control unit initialization. The second diagnostic check is performed by the technician using the steering wheel audio control switches prior to trouble diagnosis.
BLUETOOTH CONTROL UNIT INITIALIZATION CHECKS
- Internal control unit failure
- Bluetooth antenna connection open or shorted
- Steering wheel audio control switches [ (PHONE/SEND), (PHONE/END)] stuck closed
- Vehicle speed pulse count
- Microphone connection test (with playback to operator)
- Bluetooth inquiry check
- Turn ignition switch to ACC or ON.
- Wait for the Bluetooth system to complete initialization. This may take up to 20 seconds.
- Press and hold the steering wheel audio control switch (PHONE/SEND) button for at least 5 seconds. The Bluetooth system will begin to play a verbal prompt.
- While the prompt is playing, press and hold the steering wheel audio control switch (PHONE/END) button until you hear the "Diagnostics mode" prompt. The Bluetooth system will sound a 5-second beep.
- While the beep is sounding, press and hold the steering wheel audio control switch (PHONE/END) button again until you hear prompts.
- The Bluetooth system has now entered into the diagnostic mode. Results of the diagnostic checks will be verbalized to the technician. Refer to AV-205, "Work Flow".
- After the failure records are reported, an interactive microphone test will be performed. Follow the voice prompt. If the microphone test fails, refer to AV-205, "Work Flow".