Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Remote starting the vehicle
To use the remote start feature to start the engine perform the following:
1. Aim the Intelligent Key at the vehicle.
2. Press the LOCK button to lock all doors.
3. Within 5 seconds press and hold the remote start button until the turn signal lights flash and the tail lamps turn on. If the vehicle is not within view press and hold the remote start button for at least 2 seconds.
The following events will occur when the engine starts:
- The parking lights will turn on and remain on as long as the engine is running.
- The doors will be locked and the climate control system may come on.
- The engine will continue to run for 10 minutes.
Repeat the steps to extend the time for an additional 10 minutes. For additional information, refer to "Extending engine run time" in this section.
Depress and hold the brake then push the pushbutton ignition switch to the ON position before driving. For additional information, refer to "Driving the vehicle" in the "Starting and driving" section of this manual.