Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Stopping the vehicle
1. Safely move the vehicle off the road and away from traffic.
2. Turn on the hazard warning flashers.
3. Park on a level surface and apply the parking brake. Move the shift lever to P (Park).
4. Turn off the engine.
5. Raise the hood to warn other traffic and to signal professional road assistance personnel that you need assistance.
6. Have all passengers get out of the vehicle and stand in a safe place, away from traffic and clear of the vehicle.
- Make sure the parking brake is securely applied and the CVT is shifted into P (Park).
- Never change tires when the vehicle is on a slope, ice or slippery areas. This is hazardous.
- Never change tires if oncoming traffic is close to your vehicle. Wait for professional road assistance.