Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Engine compartment
Never use a fuse of a higher or lower amperage rating than specified on the fuse box cover. This could damage the electrical system or electronic control units or cause a fire.
If any electrical equipment does not come on, check for an open fuse.
1. Be sure the ignition switch and the headlight switch are in the OFF position.
2. Open the engine hood.
3. Remove the fuse box cover by pushing the tab and lifting the cover up.
4. Remove the fuse with the fuse puller. The fuse puller is located in the center of the fuse block in the passenger compartment.
5. If the fuse is open A , replace it with a new fuse B .
6. If a new fuse also opens, have the electrical system checked and repaired. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service..
If the electrical equipment does not operate and fuses are in good condition, check the fusible links. If any of these fusible links are melted, replace with only Genuine NISSAN parts.