Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Heated seat switches (if so equipped)
The front seats are warmed by built-in heaters.
1. Start the engine.
2. Push the LO or HI position of the switch, as desired. The indicator light in the switch will illuminate.
The heater is controlled by a thermostat, automatically turning the heater on and off.
The indicator light will remain on as long as the switch is on.
3. When the seat is warmed or before you leave the vehicle, be sure to turn the switch off.
Do not use or allow occupants to use the seat heater if you or the occupants cannot monitor elevated seat temperatures or have an inability to feel pain in body parts that contact the seat. Use of the seat heater by such people could result in serious injury.
- The battery could run down if the seat heater is operated while the engine is not running.
- Do not use the seat heater for extended periods or when no one is using the seat.
- Do not put anything on the seat which insulates heat, such as a blanket, cushion, seat cover, etc. Otherwise, the seat may become overheated.
- Do not place anything hard or heavy on the seat or pierce it with a pin or similar object. This may result in damage to the heater.
- Any liquid spilled on the heated seat should be removed immediately with a dry cloth.
- When cleaning the seat, never use gasoline, benzine, thinner, or any similar materials.
- If any malfunctions are found or the
heated seat does not operate, turn the
switch off and have the system checked.
It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.