Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Climate controlled seat switches (if so equipped)
The climate controlled seat warms up or cools down the front seat by blowing warm or cool air from under the surface of the seat. The climate control switch is located on the center console.
The climate controlled seat can be operated as follows: 1. Start the engine.
2. Turn the control knob A to the heat side 1 or the cool side 2 . The indicator light B on the control knob will illuminate.
3. Adjust the desired amount of air using the control knob. The climate controlled seat blower remains on low speed for approximately 60 seconds after turning the switch on or selecting the desired temperature.
4. When the vehicle's interior is warmed or cooled, or before you leave the vehicle, be sure to turn the control knob to the OFF (center) position. The indicator light B on the control knob goes off with the switch in the OFF (center) position.
To check the air filter for the climate controlled seat, it is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer.
Do not use or allow occupants to use the climate controlled seats if you or the occupants cannot monitor seat temperatures or have an inability to feel pain in those body parts in contact with the seat.
Use of the climate controlled seats by such people could result in serious injury.
- The battery could run down if the climate control seat is operated while the engine is not running.
- Do not use the climate control seat for extended periods or when no one is using the seat.
- Do not put anything on the seat which insulates heat, such as a blanket, cushion, seat cover, etc. Otherwise, the seat may become overheated.
- Do not place anything hard or heavy on the seat or pierce it with a pin or similar objects. This may result in damage to the climate controlled seat.
- Any liquid spilled on the seat should be removed immediately with a dry cloth
- The climate controlled seat has an air filter. Do not operate the climate controlled seat without an air filter. This may result in damage to the system.
- When cleaning the seat, never use gasoline, benzine, thinner, or any similar materials.
- If any malfunctions are found or the climate controlled seat does not operate, turn the switch off and have the system checked. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.