Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Cooling fan
Removal and Installation
- Radiator cooling fan assembly
WARNING: Do not remove the radiator cap when the engine is hot. Serious burns could occur from high pressure coolant escaping from the radiator. Wrap a thick cloth around the radiator cap. Slowly turn it a quarter turn to allow built-up pressure to escape. Carefully remove the radiator cap by turning it all the way.
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Partially drain engine coolant from radiator. Refer to CO-11,
"Changing Engine Coolant".
CAUTION: Perform when engine is cold.
- Remove engine room cover. Refer to EM-23, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove TCM. Refer to TM-168, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove battery tray. Refer to PG-68, "Removal and Installation (Battery Tray)".
- Disconnect radiator hose (upper).
- Disconnect the harness connectors from the radiator cooling fan motor.
- Remove radiator cooling fan assembly.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Radiator cooling fans are controlled by ECM. Refer to EC-486, "Description".