Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Disassembly and assembly
FUEL LEVEL SENSOR UNIT
Disassembly and Assembly
Fuel Level Sensor Unit
- Harness connectors
- Fuel level sensor unit
- Fuel tank temperature sensor
- Float arm assembly
NOTE: Before disassembly, note the proper placement of the wires to the correct terminals and correct wire routing to the terminals.
- Disconnect the red, white, and double black wire connectors.
- Press the tabs on the terminals to release the locking tabs
- Release the two clips and remove the fuel tank temperature sensor from the pump assembly.
- Release the tab (A) and slide the fuel level sensor unit and float arm assembly (B) up to remove.
NOTE: Assembly is the reverse order of disassembly.
- Ensure proper placement of the wires to the correct terminals and correct wire routing to the terminals.
- After connecting terminals, ensure they are securely locked and can not be pulled out.
- When installing the fuel level sensor unit, push down until the tab is locked into place.