Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Control cable
CVT shift selector assembly
Removal and Installation
CAUTION: Make sure that parking brake is applied before removal/installation.
Remove front air duct. Refer to EM-24, "Removal and Installation".
Remove air cleaner case assembly. Refer to EM-24, "Removal and Installation".
Remove control cable nut ().
Remove control cable (1) from manual lever (A).
Remove lock plate (2) from control cable.
Remove control cable from bracket (3).
Remove center console. Refer to IP-14, "Removal and Installation".
8. Remove control cable (1) from CVT shift selector assembly (2).
- (A): Ribbed surface
9. Remove the bolts (A) from the support bracket (1) (if equipped).
10. Remove bracket covering the retainer grommet.
11. Remove the retainer grommet bolts () and the retainer grommet.
12. Remove the control cable (1) from the vehicle.
(A) : Dash trim
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
When installing control cable (1) to CVT shift selector assembly (2), make sure that control cable is fully pressed in with the ribbed surface (A) facing upward.
Inspection and Adjustment
ADJUSTMENT AFTER INSTALLATION
Adjust the CVT positions after installing control cable. Refer to TM-171, "Inspection and Adjustment".
INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION
Check the CVT positions after adjusting the CVT positions. Refer to TM-171, "Inspection and Adjustment".