Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front stabilizer
Removal and Installation
- Remove the steering gear and linkage. Refer to ST-26, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the nuts on the upper portion of stabilizer connecting rod
- Remove the stabilizer clamp bolts.
- Remove the front stabilizer from the vehicle
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
Check the front stabilizer, the stabilizer connecting rod, the stabilizer bushing, and the stabilizer clamp for deformation, cracks and damage. Replace if necessary.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal. Refer to FSU-13, "Exploded View".
- When installing stabilizer, make sure that notch (A) in stabilizer clips face front.
- Make sure each slit (B) in the surface of each stabilizer bushing faces the rear of the vehicle.
- : Front.
- The front stabilizer uses a pillow ball type stabilizer connecting rod.
Position the ball joint with the case on the pillow ball head parallel to the front stabilizer.