Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front fog lamp
- BCM (Body Control Module) controls front fog lamp operation.
- IPDM E/R (Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine Room) operates front fog lamp according to CAN communication signals from BCM.
- Combination meter operates front fog lamp indicator according to inputs via the CAN communication lines.
Component Parts Location
- IPDM E/R E17, E18, E200
- BCM M16, M17, M18, M19 (view with combination meter removed)
- Combination switch (lighting and turn signal switch) M28
FRONT FOG LAMP OPERATION
When the lighting switch is in front fog lamp ON position and also in 1ST or 2ND position or AUTO position (headlamp is ON), the BCM detects FR FOG ON and the HEAD LAMP1, 2 ON or the AUTO LIGHT ON. The BCM sends a front fog lamp request ON signal through the CAN communication lines to the IPDM E/R. The IPDM E/R then turns ON the front fog lamp relay sending power to the front fog lamps.
The combination meter also receives a front fog lamp request ON signal through the CAN communication lines at which time it turns the front fog indicator ON.