Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front disc brake
BRAKE PAD : Inspection of Pad
- Check pad thickness from the inspection hole on cylinder body.
Check using a scale if necessary
DISC ROTOR : Inspection of Rotor
Check surface of disc rotor for uneven wear, cracks, and serious damage. Replace as necessary.
- Attach disc rotor to wheel hub using wheel nuts (at two or more positions).
- Inspect runout using a dial gauge placed at 10 mm (0.39 in)
inside the disc edge.
NOTE: Before measuring, make sure that wheel bearing axial end play is within the specification. Refer to FAX-5, "Inspection".
- When runout exceeds limit value, displace mounting positions of disc rotor by one hole. Then find a position of the minimum value for runout.
- If runout is outside the specified value after performing the above operation, refinish disc rotor using Tool.
Check thickness of the disc rotor using a micrometer. Replace disc rotor if thickness is under the wear limit.