Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Brake pedal
Inspection and Adjustment
- Inspect the brake pedal free height (H) from the floor using Tool at a 90 angle to the floor as shown.
- Adjust the brake pedal free height (H) to specifications.
- Brake pedal free height (H)
- Brake pedal full stroke (S)
- Clearance between brake pedal bracket (C1) and threaded end of stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch (C2)
- Loosen the stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch by turning 45 counterclockwise.
- Loosen lock nut (A) on the input rod, then turn input rod to adjust the brake pedal to specified height. When finished adjusting, tighten lock nut (A) to specification.
Lock nut (A) : 18.7 N*m (1.9 kg-m, 14 ft-lb)
CAUTION: Make sure that the screw portion of the end of input rod is located inside the clevis.
- With the brake pedal pulled up and held by hand, press the stop lamp switch and the ASCD cancel switch in until threaded ends contact the brake pedal bracket.
- With the threaded ends of the stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel
switch contacting the pedal bracket, turn the switches 45
clockwise to lock in place. Check that the stop lamp switch and
ASCD cancel switch threaded end to brake pedal bracket gap
(C) is within specifications.
CAUTION: Make sure that the gap (C) between the brake pedal bracket and stop lamp switch and ASCD cancel switch threaded ends are within specification.
- Check the brake pedal for smooth operation.
CAUTION: Make sure that the stop lamp goes off when the brake pedal is released.