Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Pedal vibration or abs operation sound occurs
CAUTION: Under the following conditions, ABS is activated and vibration is felt when brake pedal is lightly depressed (just place a foot on it).However, this is normal.
- When shifting gears
- When driving on slippery road
- During cornering at high speed
- When passing over bumps or grooves [at approximately 50 mm (1.97 in) or more]
- When pulling away just after starting engine [at approximately 10 km/h (6 MPH) or higher]
1.SYMPTOM CHECK 1
Check if there is pedal vibration or operation sound when the engine is started.
2.SYMPTOM CHECK 2
Check symptoms when electrical component (headlamps, etc.) switches are operated.
3.CHECK WHEEL SENSOR AND SENSOR ROTOR
Check the following:
- Wheel sensor installation for damage.
- Sensor rotor installation for damage.
- Wheel sensor connector connection.
- Wheel sensor harness inspection.
4.CHECK ABS WARNING LAMP DISPLAY
Make sure that the ABS warning lamp is turned off after the ignition switch is turned ON or when driving.