Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Crash zone sensor
- Crash zone sensor harness connector
- Crash zone sensor
Removal and Installation
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Replace the crash zone sensor of deployed SRS driver air bag and deployed SRS front passenger air bag.
- Do not cause impact to the crash zone sensor by dropping etc. Replace the crash zone sensor if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals, then wait at least 3 minutes. Refer to PG-67, "Removal and Installation (Battery)".
- Remove the front air duct, then position upper radiator hose aside.
- Disconnect the harness connector the crash zone sensor.
- Remove the nuts, then remove crash zone sensor.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not use old crash zone sensor nuts after removal; replace with new nuts.
- Be careful not to damage the crash zone sensor harness.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction is detected by air bag warning lamp.
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp, reset by the self-diagnosis function and delete the memory by CONSULT.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation,
perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions.
Refer to SRC-12, "SRS Operation Check".