Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Side air bag (satellite) sensor
Removal and Installation
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Replace the satellite sensor of deployed SRS front side air bag and deployed SRS side curtain air bag.
- Do not cause impact to the side air bag (satellite) sensor by dropping etc. Replace the side air bag (satellite) sensor if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals, then wait at least 3 minutes. Refer to PG-67, "Removal and Installation (Battery)".
- Remove the front seat belt retractor. Refer to SB-6, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect the harness connector from the side air bag (satellite) sensor slide double locking. Refer to SRC-9, "SRS Component Connectors".
- Remove the nuts (A), then remove side air bag (satellite) sensor (2)
from center pillar (1) studs.
(3): Side air bag (satellite) sensor slide double locking harness connector.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Do not use old nuts after removal; replace with new nuts.
- Be careful not to damage the satellite sensor harness.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction is detected by air bag warning lamp.
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp, reset by the self-diagnosis function and delete the memory by CONSULT.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation,
perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions.
Refer to SRC-12, "SRS Operation Check".