Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Entry assist function
ENTRY ASSIST FUNCTION : System Diagram
ENTRY ASSIST FUNCTION : System Description
The seat is in the exiting position when either following condition is satisfied, the seat returns from exiting position to the previous driving position.
- This function is set to OFF before delivery (initial setting).
- Further information for the system setting procedure. Refer to Owner's Manual.
- Turn the ignition switch to ACC.
- Front seat LH and steering column will return from the exiting position to entry position.
Satisfy all of the following items. The entry assist function is not performed if these items are not satisfied.
|Seat, steering column||The vehicle is not moved after performing the exit assist function.|
|OFF (Not operated)|
|CVT selector lever||P position|
|Order||Input||Output||Control unit condition|
|1||Door switch/Ignition||-||Driver seat control unit receives the signals of ignition switch signal and front door switch from BCM via CAN communication|
|2||-||Motors (sliding, tilt)||Driver seat control unit operates the sliding motor when the operating conditions are satisfied and requests the operation of tilt motor to automatic drive positioner control unit via UART communication. The automatic drive positioner control unit operates the tilt motor|
|Sensors (sliding, tilt)||-||Each sensor monitors the operating positions of seat and steering column, then stops the operation of motor when each part reaches the recorded address|
ENTRY ASSIST FUNCTION : Component Parts Location
- Push-button ignition switch M38
- BCM M16, M17, M18, M19 (view with instrument panel removed)
- TCM F15
- A. ADP steering switch M39
B. Tilt motor M71, telescopic motor M73
- A. Power seat switch LH B213
B. Reclining motor B222
C. Driver seat control unit B203, B211
- Automatic drive positioner control unit M63, M67 (view with instrument panel removed)
- A. Door mirror LH D4
B. Door mirror RH D107
C. Front door switch LH B8
- Door mirror remote control switch M108
- Seat memory switch D13
ENTRY ASSIST FUNCTION : Component Description
|Driver seat control unit||
According to the ignition signal and front door switch LH signal from BCM,
|Automatic drive positioner control unit||Operates the tilt motor with the instructions from the driver seat control unit.|
Recognizes the following status and transmits it to the driver seat control unit via CAN communication.
|Front door switch LH||Detect front door LH open/close status.|
|Tilt sensor||Detect the up/down position of steering column.|
|Sliding sensor||Detect the front/rear position of seat.|
|Tilt motor||Move the steering column up/down.|
|Sliding motor||Slide the seat forward/back|