Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front door glass
- Door panel
- Door glass
- Regulator assembly
- Door module assembly
- Window motor
Removal and Installation
- Remove the front door finisher. Refer to INT-18, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the adhesive bolt hole covers.
- Reconnect the window switch to raise/lower the door glass until the door glass bolts (A) can be seen.
- Remove the door glass bolts (A).
- While holding the door glass, raise it at the rear end to pull the door glass out of the sash toward the outside of the door.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Check that the door glass is securely set into the glass run groove.
- Lower the door glass slightly [approximately 10 to 20 mm (0.39 to 0.79 in)] and check that the clearance to the sash is parallel. If the clearance between the door glass and sash is not parallel, loosen the regulator bolts, guide rail bolts, and door glass and guide rail bolts to correct the glass position.
Inspection and Adjustment
If any of the following work has been done, initialize the system. Refer to PWC-7, "ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special Repair Requirement".
- Electric power supply to power window switch or motor is interrupted by blown fuse or disconnecting battery cable, etc.
- Removal and installation of the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the harness connector of the power window switch.
- Operate the regulator assembly as a unit.
- Removal and installation of the door glass.
- Removal and installation of the door glass run.
- Window is partly opened and/or closed many times without being fully closed.
INSPECT THE FUNCTION OF THE ANTI-PINCH SYSTEM
To inspect the anti-pinch system, refer to PWC-7, "ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special Repair Requirement".