Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front regulator
- Door panel
- Door glass
- Regulator assembly
- Door module assembly
- Window motor
Removal and Installation
- Remove the front door finisher. Refer to INT-18, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove the adhesive bolt hole covers.
- Reconnect the window switch to raise/lower the door glass until the door glass bolts (A) can be seen.
- Remove the door glass bolts (A)
- Raise the door glass and hold with a suction lifter (A).
- Disconnect the harness connector (A) from the window motor.
- Remove the door module assembly mounting bolts.
- Remove the door module assembly.
INSPECTION AFTER REMOVAL
Check the regulator assembly for the following items. If a malfunction is detected, replace or grease it.
- Wire wear
- Regulator deformation
- Grease condition for each sliding part
Apply multi-purpose grease at the locations shown.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Make sure the glass is securely set into the glass run groove.
- Lower the glass slightly [approx. 10 to 20 mm (0.39 to 0.79 in)] and make sure the clearance to the sash is parallel. If the clearance between the glass and sash is not parallel, loosen the regulator mounting bolts, guide rail mounting bolts, and glass and guide rail mounting bolts to adjust the glass position.
Inspection and Adjustment
If any of the following work has been done, initialize the system. Refer to PWC-7, "ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special Repair Requirement".
- Electric power supply to power window switch or motor is interrupted by blown fuse or disconnecting battery cable, etc.
- Removal and installation of the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator assembly.
- Removal and installation of the harness connector of the power window switch.
- Operate the regulator assembly as a unit.
- Removal and installation of the door glass.
- Removal and installation of the door glass run.
- - Window is partly opened and/or closed many times without being fully closed.
After installing each component to the vehicle, follow the steps below.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal or disconnect the power window switch harness connector temporarily, then reconnect after at least 1 minute.
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Open the window fully by operating the power window switch. (Exclude this procedure if the window is already fully opened.)
- Fully raise the power window switch in up direction (auto close position) and hold. Keep holding the switch even when window is completely closed and then release after 3 seconds have passed.
- Inspect the anti-pinch system function.
NOTE: Initialization may be cancelled with continuous opening and closing operation. In this case, initialize the system.
INSPECT THE FUNCTION OF THE ANTI-PINCH SYSTEM
To inspect the anti-pinch system