Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Rear spoiler
- Rear spoiler assembly
- High-mounted stop lamp harness connector
- Harness grommet
Removal and Installation
- Remove trunk lid finisher. Refer to INT-36, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect the harness connector (1) from the high-mounted stop lamp.
- Remove the rear spoiler assembly nuts.
- Using a suitable heating tool (A) may also be necessary to evenly heat the rear spoiler contact surface (1) while releasing the tape with a suitable tool (B).
- Loosen the harness grommet, and gently lift the rear spoiler assembly upward off of trunk lid.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Before installing rear spoiler, clean the surface where it will be mounted with isopropyl alcohol or equivalent to degrease the surface.
- Before installing, be sure there are no gaps or waves in the adhesive-backed foam tape where the surfaces meet.
- During installation, be sure harness grommet of high-mounted stop lamp is fully seated into trunk lid opening prior to final rear spoiler assembly placement.