Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Front wiper and washer switch
Removal and Installation
The front wiper and washer switch is part of the combination switch assembly.
- Disconnect battery.
- Before servicing, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least three minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction
is detected by air bag warning
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp,
reset with the self-diagnosis function
and delete the memory with CONSULT.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation,
perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions.
Refer to SRC-12, "SRS Operation Check".
- Remove steering column covers. Refer to IP-19, "Removal and Installation".
- Rotate steering wheel clockwise to access first combination switch bolt and remove the bolt.
- Rotate steering wheel counter-clockwise to access second
combination switch bolt and remove the bolt.
Disconnect electrical connectors and remove the combination switch.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.