Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Combination switch input circuit
1. CHECK INPUT 1 - 5 SYSTEM CIRCUIT FOR OPEN
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the BCM and combination switch.
- Check continuity between BCM harness connector and combination switch harness connector.
2. CHECK INPUT 1 - 5 SYSTEM CIRCUIT FOR SHORT
Check for continuity between BCM harness connector and ground.
3. CHECK BCM OUTPUT SIGNAL
- Connect the BCM and the combination switch connector.
- Turn ON any switch in the system that is malfunctioning.
- Check voltage between BCM harness connector and ground
Special Repair Requirement
1. REQUIRED WORK WHEN REPLACING BCM