Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: B2553 ignition relay
BCM turns ON the following relays to ignition power supply to each ECU when the ignition switch is turned ON.
- Ignition relay-1 (inside IPDM E/R)
- Ignition relay-2 (inside fuse block (J/B))
- Front blower motor relay
BCM checks any ignition relay ON request for consistency with the actual ignition relay operation status.
DTC DETECTION LOGIC
DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
1. PERFORM DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
- Turn ignition switch ON under the following conditions, and wait for at least 2 seconds.
- CVT selector lever is in the P or N position.
- Release brake pedal.
- Check "Self diagnostic result" with CONSULT.
1. CHECK IGNITION RELAY-2 FEEDBACK INPUT SIGNAL
Check voltage between BCM harness connector and ground under the following conditions.
2. CHECK IGNITION RELAY-2 FEEDBACK CIRCUIT
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect BCM and fuse block (J/B).
- Check continuity between BCM harness connector (A) and fuse block (J/B) harness connector (B).
- Check continuity between BCM harness connector and ground.
3. CHECK INTERMITTENT INCIDENT