Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Driver Attention Alert system limitations
Listed below are the system limitations for the Driver Attention Alert system. Failure to operate the vehicle in accordance with these system limitations could result in serious injury or death.
The Driver Attention Alert system may not operate properly and may not provide an alert in the following conditions:
- Poor road conditions such as an uneven road surface or pot holes.
- Strong side wind.
- If you have adopted a sporty driving style with higher cornering speeds or higher rates of acceleration.
- Frequent lane changes or changes to vehicle speed.
The Driver Attention Alert system will not provide an alert in the following conditions:
- Vehicle speeds lower than 37 mph (60 km/h).
- Short lapses of attention.
- Instantaneous distractions such as dropping an object.
If the Driver Attention Alert system malfunctions, the system warning message will appear in the vehicle information display and the function will be stopped automatically.
Action to take
Stop the vehicle in a safe location, place the vehicle in P (Park) position, turn the engine off and restart the engine. If the system warning message continues to appear, have the system checked. It is recommended that you visit a NISSAN dealer for this service.