Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: Loading tips
- The GVW must not exceed GVWR or GAWR as specified on the F.M.V.S.S./C.M.V.S.S. certification label.
- Do not load the front and rear axle to the GAWR. Doing so will exceed the GVWR.
- Properly secure all cargo with
ropes or straps to help prevent it
from sliding or shifting. Do not
place cargo higher than the seatbacks.
In a sudden stop or collision, unsecured cargo could cause personal injury.
- Do not load your vehicle any
heavier than the GVWR or the
maximum front and rear GAWRs.
If you do, parts of your vehicle can break, tire damage could occur, or it can change the way your vehicle handles. This could result in loss of control and cause personal injury.
- Overloading not only can shorten the life of your vehicle and the tire, but can also cause unsafe vehicle handling and longer braking distances. This may cause a premature tire failure which could result in a serious accident and personal injury. Failures caused by overloading are not covered by the vehicle's warranty.