Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Hydraulic control system
The hydraulic control mechanism consists of the oil pump directly driven by the engine, the hydraulic control valve that controls line pressure and transmission, and the input signal lin
LINE PRESSURE AND SECONDARY PRESSURE CONTROL
- When an input torque signal equivalent to the engine driving force is transmitted from the ECM to the TCM, the TCM controls the line pressure solenoid valve and secondary pressure solenoid valve.
- Line pressure solenoid valve activates pressure regulator valve, and line pressure from oil pump is adjusted for the optimum driving condition. Secondary pressure is controlled by lowering line pressure.
Optimize the line pressure and secondary pressure, depending on driving conditions, on the basis of the throttle position, the engine speed, the primary pulley (input) revolution speed, the secondary pulley (output) revolution speed, the brake signal, the transmission range switch signal, the lock-up signal, the voltage, the target gear ratio, the fluid temperature, and the fluid pressure.
For the normal fluid control and the select fluid control, secondary pressure is detected for feedback control by using a secondary pressure sensor to set a high-precision secondary pressure.
Component Parts Location
- CVT shift selector assembly (Manual mode select switch and manual mode position select switch)
- Secondary speed sensor
- CVT unit harness connector
- Accelerator pedal position (APP) sensor
- Stop lamp switch
- Shift positioner indicator Manual mode indicator DS mode indicator
- Paddle shifters
EXCEPT TRANSAXLE ASSEMBLY