Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: C1145, C1146 yaw rate/side/decel G sensor
The yaw rate/side/decel G sensor detects the yaw rate/side/decel G affecting the vehicle, and transmits the data to the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) as an analog voltage signal.
DTC DETECTION LOGIC
DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
1.CHECK SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS
Check the self-diagnosis results.
- Sudden turns (such as spin turns, acceleration turns), drifting, etc., when VDC function is off (VDC OFF switch "ON") may cause yaw rate/side/decel G sensor system to indicate a malfunction. However, this is not a malfunction if normal operation can be resumed after restarting engine. Then erase memory of self-diagnosis.
- If vehicle is on turn-table at entrance to parking garage, or
on other moving surfaces, SLIP indicator
lamp may illuminate and CONSULT self-diagnosis may indicate yaw rate sensor
However, in this case there is no malfunction in yaw rate sensor system. Take vehicle off of turntable or other moving surfaces, and start engine. Results will return to normal. Also, after doing spin turns or acceleration turns with VDC function off (VDC OFF switch "ON"), the results will return to a normal condition by re-starting vehicle.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect yaw rate/side/decel G sensor connector and ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector.
- Check terminals for deformation, disconnection, looseness, and so on. If any malfunction is found, repair or replace terminals.
- Reconnect connectors and perform self-diagnosis
2.CHECK YAW RATE/SIDE/DECEL G SENSOR POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT
- Turn ignition switch ON, then OFF.
- Check voltage between yaw rate/side/decel G sensor connector M55 terminal 4 and ground.
3.CHECK YAW RATE/SIDE/DECEL G SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Check resistance between yaw rate/side/decel G sensor connector M55 terminal 1 and ground.
4.CHECK YAW RATE/SIDE/DECEL G SENSOR HARNESS
- Check continuity between ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E26 (A) terminals 14 and 25 and yaw rate/side/ decel G sensor harness connector M55 (B) terminals 2 and 3.
- Check continuity between ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connector E26 (A) terminals 14, 25 and ground.
5.CHECK DATA MONITOR
- Connect yaw rate/side/decel G sensor and ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) connectors.
- Perform the yaw rate/side/decel G sensor component inspection
1.CHECK DATA MONITOR
Select "YAW RATE SEN", "SIDE G-SENSOR" in "DATA MONITOR" and check yaw rate/side/decel G sensor signal.
Special Repair Requirement
1.ADJUSTMENT OF STEERING ANGLE SENSOR NEUTRAL POSITION
Always perform the neutral position adjustment for the steering angle sensor, when replacing the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit).