Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Parking brake switch
The parking brake switch converts the status of the parking brake pedal to an electric signal and transmits it to the combination meter. The combination meter, through CAN communication, transmits the signal to the ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit).
Component Function Check
1.CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH OPERATION
Operate the parking brake and check that the brake warning lamp in the combination meter turns on/off correctly.
1.CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH CIRCUIT
- Disconnect combination meter connector and parking brake switch connector.
- Check continuity between combination meter connector M24 (A) terminal 26 and parking brake switch connector E35 (B) terminal 1.
- Check continuity between combination meter harness connector M24 (A) terminal 26 and ground.
2.CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH
Perform parking brake switch component inspection
1.CHECK PARKING BRAKE SWITCH
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect parking brake switch connector.
- Check continuity between parking brake switch terminal 1 and ground.