Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Power steering oil pump
- Rear bracket
- Power steering oil pump assembly
- Front bracket
Removal and Installation
NOTE: When removing components such as hoses, tubes/lines, etc., cap or plug openings to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Remove front wheel and tire (RH) using power tool. Refer to WT-60, "Adjustment".
- Remove front fender protector side cover. Refer to EXT-23, "Exploded View".
- Remove hood ledge cover (RH).
- Drain power steering fluid. Refer to ST-12, "Draining".
- Disconnect the power steering pressure sensor harness connector at the high pressure pipe. Refer to ST- 29, "Exploded View".
- Disconnect high pressure piping and suction hose from power steering oil pump. Refer to ST-29, "Exploded View".
- Loosen drive belt. Refer to EM-14, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove drive belt from power steering oil pump pulley.
- Remove power steering oil pump bolts, and then remove power steering oil pump.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- When installing power steering oil pump, install all bolts by hand initially, then tighten bolts to specification.
- Perform the following procedures after installing.
- Check belt tension. Refer to EM-14, "Checking Drive Belts".
- Bleed air from power steering system.