Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Side curtain air bag module
- Side curtain air bag module tether
- Side curtain air bag module assembly
- Side curtain air bag module inflator
Removal and Installation
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery terminals and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Do not use air tools or electric tools for servicing.
- Always work from the side of air bag module. Do not work from the front of it.
- Always place the curtain air bag module with air bag deployment side facing upward.
- - Do not attempt to disassemble side curtain air bag module.
- Disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals, then wait at least 3 minutes. Refer to PG-67, "Removal and Installation (Battery)".
- Remove the headlining. Refer to INT-33, "Removal and Installation".
- Disconnect the side curtain air bag module harness connector (2) from the inflator (1).
- For installing/removing direct-connect SRS harness connectors.
Refer to SRC-9, "SRS Component Connectors".
- Do not repair direct-connect SRS component harness connectors.
Refer to SRC-12, "Trouble Diagnosis Introduction".
- Remove the bolts, then remove side curtain air bag module assembly.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Be careful not to damage the air bag harness.
- After the work is completed, make sure no system malfunction is detected by air bag warning lamp.
- In case a malfunction is detected by the air bag warning lamp, reset by the self-diagnosis function and delete the memory by CONSULT.
- If a malfunction is still detected after the above operation,
perform self-diagnosis to repair malfunctions.
Refer to SRC-12, "SRS Operation Check".
- Make sure the side curtain air bag module is not twisted at any point along the vehicle when installed.
- Replace the side curtain air bag module if it has been dropped or sustained an impact.