Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Intelligent key battery
Removal and Installation
- Release the lock knob at the back of the Intelligent Key and remove the mechanical key.
- Insert a suitable tool (A) wrapped with a cloth into the slit of the corner and twist it to separate the upper part from the lower part.
- Replace the battery with new one.
- Do not touch the circuit board or battery terminal.
- The key fob is water-resistant. However, if it does get wet, immediately wipe it dry.
Battery replacement :Coin-type lithium battery (CR2032)
- Align the tips of the upper and lower parts, and then push them together until it is securely closed.
- When replacing battery, keep dirt, grease, and other foreign materials off the electrode contact area.
- After replacing the battery, check that all Intelligent Key functions work normally.