Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: Roof side molding
- Roof side molding
- Roof panel
- Body side panel
- Roof side molding clip
Removal and Installation
- Using suitable tool, lift and twist the roof side molding up from the rear edge, working forward.
- Disengage each roof side molding clip, then remove the roof side molding.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.
- Begin with aligning rear end of the roof molding with top edge of rear window glass molding. Refer to GW- 14, "Removal and Installation".
- Remove roof side molding.
- Heat adhesive tape interface using a suitable tool (heat gun), then peel roof side molding clips (body side) using long-nose pliers.
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the body.
- Clean tape removed surface with a shop cloth soaked in white gasoline or IPA.
- Use two-part epoxy adhesive.
Adhesive : 3M-weld DP-100 or equivalent
- Apply adhesive evenly to clip tape surface.
Thickness : Approximately 0.5 mm (0.020 in)
- Position applied parts to the proper location, and then sufficiently press-fit until the adhesive protrudes to tape side.
Press-fit limit : 19.6 N× 2 seconds
- Tape clips after press fit, and temporarily hold it for specified time based on the following.
5 to 10C (41 to 50F) : 1 hour or more
11 to 23C (52 to 73F) : 30 minutes or more
24C or more (75F or more) : 15 minutes or more
Install roof side molding rear edge first, working toward front after temporarily holding.
- Securely insert molding rear end cap onto roof rear end cutout (installation standard).
- When installing roof side molding, check that molding fastener is securely inserted and then press in.
- Do not wash the vehicle within 24 hours after repair.