Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: How to park with predicted course lines
If the tires are replaced with different sized tires, the predicted course lines may be displayed incorrectly.
On a snow-covered or slippery road, there may be a difference between the predicted course line and the actual course line.
If the battery is disconnected or becomes discharged, the predicted course lines may be displayed incorrectly. If this occurs, please perform the following procedures:
- Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock while the engine is running.
- Drive the vehicle on a straight road for more than 5 minutes.
When the steering wheel is turned with the ignition switch in the ACC position, the predicted course lines may be displayed incorrectly.
1. Visually check that the parking space is safe before parking your vehicle.
2. The rear view of the vehicle is displayed on the screen A when the shift lever is moved to the R (Reverse) position.
3. Slowly back up the vehicle adjusting the steering wheel so that the predicted course lines B enter the parking space C .
4. Maneuver the steering wheel to make the vehicle width guide lines D parallel to the parking space C while referring to the predicted course lines.
5. When the vehicle is parked in the space completely, move the shift lever to the P (Park) position and apply the parking brake.