Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: A-bag branch line circuit
Always observe the following items for preventing accidental activation.
- Before servicing, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect battery negative terminal, and wait 3 minutes or more. (To discharge backup capacitor.)
- Never use unspecified tester or other measuring device.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal.
- Check the terminals and connectors of the air bag diagnosis sensor unit for damage, bend and loose connection (unit side and connector side).
2.CHECK AIR BAG DIAGNOSIS SENSOR UNIT
Check the air bag diagnosis sensor unit. Refer to SRC-3, "Work Flow".