Nissan Maxima Owners Manual: PFCW system limitations
Listed below are the system limitations for the PFCW system. Failure to operate the vehicle in accordance with these system limitations could result in serious injury or death.
The PFCW system cannot detect all vehicles under all conditions.
The radar sensor does not detect the following objects:
- Pedestrians, animals or obstacles in the roadway
- Oncoming vehicles
- Crossing vehicles
(Illustration A) The PFCW system does not function when a vehicle ahead is a narrow vehicle, such as a motorcycle.
The radar sensor may not detect a vehicle ahead in the following conditions:
- Snow or heavy rain
- Dirt, ice, snow or other material covering the radar sensor.
- Interference by other radar sources.
- Snow or road spray from traveling vehicles.
- Driving in a tunnel
- (Illustration B) When the vehicle ahead is being towed.
- (Illustration C) When the distance to the vehicle ahead is too close, the beam of the radar sensor is obstructed.
- (Illustration D) When driving on a steep downhill slope or roads with sharp curves.
- The system is designed to automatically check the sensor's functionality, within certain limitations. The system may not detect some forms of obstruction of the sensor area such as ice, snow, stickers, etc. In these cases, the system may not be able to warn the driver properly. Be sure that you check, clean and clear the sensor area regularly.
- Excessive noise will interfere with the warning chime sound, and the chime may not be heard.