Nissan Maxima Service and Repair Manual: P0705 transmission range switch A
- The Transmission range switch is included in the control valve assembly.
- The Transmission range switch includes 4 transmission position switches.
- TCM judges the selector lever position by the Transmission range switch signal.
DTC DETECTION LOGIC
DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE
CAUTION: Always drive vehicle at a safe speed.
NOTE: Immediately after performing any "DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE", always turn ignition switch OFF.
Then wait at least 10 seconds before performing the next test.
1.CHECK DTC DETECTION
- Turn ignition switch ON.
- Select "Data Monitor" in "TRANSMISSION".
- Start engine.
- Drive vehicle and maintain the following conditions for at least 2 consecutive seconds.
Follow the procedure "With CONSULT".
Regarding Wiring Diagram information, refer to TM-126, "Wiring Diagram".
1.CHECK CVT POSITION
- Disconnect CVT unit connector.
- Remove control cable from manual lever. Refer toTM-173, "Exploded View".
- Check transmission range switch. Refer to TM-51, "Component Inspection (Transmisson Range Switch)".
2. CHECK HARNESS BETWEEN TCM AND TRANSMISSION RANGE SWITCH (PART 1)
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect TCM connector.
- Check continuity between TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals and CVT unit vehicle side harness connector terminals.
3. CHECK HARNESS BETWEEN TCM AND TRANSMISSION RANGE SWITCH (PART 2)
Check continuity between TCM vehicle side harness connector terminals and ground.
4.DETECT MALFUNCTIONING ITEMS
Check TCM connector pin terminals for damage or loose connection with harness connector.
Component Inspection (Transmisson Range Switch)
1.CHECK TRANSMISSION RANGE SWITCH
Check the continuity of the transmission range switch by changing selector lever to various positions and checking continuity between CVT unit terminals and ground.